Who we are
Sound Escapes is a family-run tour company specialising in performance tours for all types of amateur music ensembles and expressive arts groups to the UK and Ireland.
Our holidays are completely bespoke and your requirements are key in creating the perfect tour. We are based in Nottingham, located in the heart of the UK, so are perfectly placed for facilitating your tour arrangements to the finest detail. Whether you are embarking on a tour to the UK and Ireland for the very first time or visiting from another region of our fine country, we will ensure a unique and great British welcome to wherever your musical journey leads. We will organise every aspect of your tour, from the travel within the UK, accommodation, excursions, meals, tour guides and of course most importantly your performances and the publicity that goes hand in hand with this.
UK Tour Managers
Here at Sound Escapes we work with a number of professional and highly experienced Concert Tour Managers who will accompany your group on tour to ensure it runs smoothly in every way!
At Sound Escapes we fully appreciate that no two performance groups are the same and will ensure your musical needs and performance aspirations are fully considered from our very first point of contact with you. We have established relationships with hundreds of venues across the country from UNESCO World Heritage Cathedrals to outdoor amphitheatres, bandstands, music festivals, arts and visitor centres. Our UK location allows to have our ear very close to the ground from a musical perspective so will ensure that your concerts are the very best.
We would also highly recommend the exciting opportunity of performing with a musical ensemble based in your chosen destination or during one of the UK’s excellent music and arts festivals. Here at Sound Escapes we have the contacts and expertise to facilitate this very special performance option for you!
Meet the Team
Owner and Chief Tour OrchestratorMusic, performance, travel and my home country of the UK are my greatest passions and after 16 brilliant years of working in the travel industry as Head of Concert Tours for a leading bespoke tour operator, I decided to follow my dream and set up Sound Escapes. Raised in rural north west England, within close proximity to the tourist meccas of Blackpool and the Lake District, travel and tourism always played an important role during my younger years and influenced my love of travel once adulthood arrived. Performance too has played a huge part throughout my life, from playing the piano and violin, being Head Chorister in a church choir and performing in amateur and professional productions in my youth to completing a university degree in French and Performing Arts in Leicester. More recently, in my spare time I’ve enjoyed being part of a Nottingham based musical theatre company, community choir and singing in a 1960’s soul and Motown band!
Marketing and Promotions MaestroBorn and bred in County Durham in the picturesque North East, with stints in Bahrain, Norway, Leicester, Birmingham London, Alastair too is now firmly established in Nottingham. Having worked for a number of leading FMCG and blue-chip companies in both marketing and sales roles, and with experience of being directly responsible for large scale music events at mainstream festivals, Alastair brings a wealth of experience in his Marketing and Concert Promotion role at Sound Escapes.
Tour and Finance AdministratorWith a whopping 40 years of administration experience under her belt, Gill knows how to get a job done or two and will ensure the administrative aspects of your tour are executed to perfection! A long-term member of her local church choir and choral group as well as an experienced tourer, Gill’s love of choral and classical music combined with her administrative experience makes her a vital member of the backstage team!
Peace of Mind for You
- Financial Protection – Sound Escapes is a member of Protected Travel Services so you can be assured that we are fully compliant with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations and your funds are protected. In the unlikely event of tour operator failure, all funds are held in an independent trust account, or insured for your peace of mind. This protection lasts from the point that you book your holiday through to the point when you return. You can enjoy every holiday booked through a PTS client knowing that you have 100% financial protection and full peace of mind at all times.
- Health and Safety – Here at Sound Escapes, we only provide the very best in quality and all of our suppliers are independently assessed to ensure they meet our high standards and fully comply with UK Health and Safety regulations. We are able to provide risk assessments for your tour as required.
- Public Liability Insurance – Sound Escapes holds a comprehensive tour operator’s public liability insurance combined packaged with one of the UK’s leading brokers for tour and travel agents’, Towergate Chapman Stevens, for your full peace of mind. Please see http://www.towergatechapmanstevens.co.uk/tour-operators-insurance.aspx for more information.
- Group and Individual Travel Insurance – It is essential that every member of your party has their own individual travel insurance to ensure they have adequate cover for any medical emergencies (non-UK residents) during their stay, tour cancellation and personal belongings. Sound Escapes is able to offer your party comprehensive travel insurance for a supplementary cost with Towergate Chapman Stevens.
- 24-hour tour assistance – In addition to the services of a dedicated accompanying Tour Manager throughout your musical break, Sound Escapes will provide 24-hour emergency assistance in the event of unforeseen circumstances which may arise during your tour.